Last updated: 7th January 2018
Quiz20 is the data controller of data processed through your use of its services. The type and nature of the data includes profile and contact details, data relating to your use of the services including game results, posts, log in, traffic data, data relating to the device you use to access the services. We use your data to provide and personalise the services, respond to queries and monitor use of our services.
Please note that the Services may contain links to websites or other services owned and operated by third parties. We do not endorse any such third-party services. We are not responsible or liable for anything that happens to you when you visit or use these services. Quiz20 strongly recommends that you review the privacy policies and cookie usage of these third parties.
What data does Quiz20 collect from you?
We may collect the following data about you:
Data you give us directly:
- if you register with us (such as your username, avatar, password and email address) that you provide by entering any competitions or completing any surveys, including your scores and ranking in any competition;
- information you provide by participating in any chat forums;
- and information you provide us if you report a problem with any Services.
Data we may collect when you use our Services (whether or not you register with us):
- data about your location, device type, operating system and platform;
- data about your computer's browser version, operating system version, page loading time, network, generated device identifier information, referral source and IP address.
- data generated through playing games such as your high score and rankings;
- game play history;
- the number of times you visit our Services and the amount of time you spend using the Services;
What does Quiz20 do with this data?
We may use your data in the following ways:
- to provide you with the Services (including any newsletter or blog that you subscribe to with us (which you can opt out of at any time));
- to customise the Services which are available to you,
- to moderate any chat messages in chat forums;
- to improve the Services, for analysis and reporting purposes;
- to personalise your experience.
Does Quiz20 send marketing communications and how can I opt out?
Yes, we may send you marketing communications in relation to other Services that we think may be of interest to you via email.
We do not provide your data to third parties so that they can send you marketing materials without your consent.
You can opt-out by using the unsubscribe mechanism in any email, contact us as set out below or.
What does Quiz20 do to protect data?
We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorised access, maintain data security and correctly use the data we hold. Whilst we will do our best to protect your data, the transmission of information by you to us is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your data. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your data, we will use the procedures and security features outlined in this section to try to prevent any unauthorised access.
How long does Quiz20 keep hold of data?
We will keep data only for as long as it is relevant and useful for the purpose for which it was originally collected and otherwise where required by law.
What data is shared with or accessed by third parties?
Quiz20 may share your data with various third parties (including our affiliate companies in other countries) as follows:
Our Services are not specifically targeted at children.
For the Services however it may be possible for those under the age of 13 to register (with parental or guardian consent).
How do I erase or restrict or update my data?
If you no longer wish for us to use your data, please email contact us as described below.
How can I contact Quiz20?